Track 1–>the novel
- Read quickly for the plot
- Re-read making notes (sticky notes or on paper)
- Create reader’s notes that move from the general (many big ideas considered) to specific (honing in on one idea)
- Review the work you did and feedback you received on short stories and Neuromancer.
Track 2–>the research
- Review model planner and research notes
- Complete the research report planner
- Locate potential sources
- Create research notes
- Develop a thesis statement
- Create an outline
- Construct the presentation
Should Track 1 and Track 2 merge?
Thesis for research presentation: What does it mean to “the other” in our society? What drives “othering” and how can society avoid it?
Thesis for literary research essay: Meyer explores the idea of what it means to be human in the novel Cinder.
I will use the research notes and my reader’s notes to write my literary research essay.