- Read the whole exam
- Be sure you read the instructions to understand them in the context of the course
- Work on the questions in the order of easiest to hardest
- Pay attention to the time; allocate time for each section of the exam
- If time, review and re-read answers.
Course Essential questions:
- Why does society need science fiction?
- How do we use science fiction to look at our world today and think about the future?
- What is the purpose and significance of stories about machines interacting with humans? What traits, fears, or interests of human nature do these stories reveal?
- How do authors use science fiction to make controversial or abstract subjects more accessible for readers?
- Can technology take authority away from humans?
- What happens to human relationships in a technological world?
- Is the success of a society is more important than the success of individuals?
- How can we ready for the uncertainty of the future?