Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Ind reading or finish GIF and About Me page

What is love? 

&There’s this kind of thinking about love

But there’s this kind too…..

“The dictionary has 11 different definitions for love. That’s an example of how no one really knows what love is.”

“Love is a very strong word that many of us really don’t know what it means…. I’d honestly rather be writing about war just because it’s easier. Writing about love is complicated.”

“Lost is the only word that comes to mind when trying to realize the meaning of love.”

“In conclusion, I really don’t know what love is.”

“I don’t think there is such a thing as love.” 

“What love is to me is a fantasy. I say that love with your boyfriend or girlfriend does not exist.”

“Love is bullshit, there is no such thing. Just something you hope is there but never is.”

“Why in my head I have love framed as a good thing for people to have, but I push it away at any hint of having it?”

“Everyone says that love hurts, but that’s not true. Loneliness hurts, rejection hurts, losing someone hurts. Everyone confuses these with love.”

SHARED WRITING: “YOU REALIZE YOU’RE NOT ALONE”

When the very meaning of the word is cloaked in mystery, it should not come as a surprise that most people find it hard to define what they mean when they use the word ‘love.’ … Imagine how much easier it would be for us to learn how to love if we began with a shared definition. —bell hooks, All About Love

Go back to your free write. What more do you want to say? 

to write the  story of our lives;

to develop identities as writers;

to develop deeper insights into our thinking;

to connect our academic lives to our emotional lives.